Monday, January 19, 2009

Facing off


This image is from a drawing done on site at the Litchfield, California BLM. I made the eight-hour drive to this satellite facility only to discover that the staff left early and not a soul was onsite even though I had made it there well within business hours. Under the watchful gaze of the security camera, I had the place to myself. Despite the smaller size of this facility, mustangs packed every available corral. I strode to the outer corrals and found a wild bunch that reacted to my approach by snorting, pawing and posing most elegantly for me. I stood my ground by taking a dusty seat and drawing them. This image is of one of the pack leaders in the wild outer corral bunch. Original drawing transferred to zinc plate. Etching, drypoint and softground.

No comments:

Post a Comment